- Contribution to the protection of the cultural heritage of other states
- Protection of Swiss cultural heritage (export of cultural property from Switzerland)
- Promotion of international exchanges between museums (return guarantee for museums)
- Duties of diligence for the art trade and auctioning business.
The Federal Act on the International Transfer of Cultural Property (CPTA) as well as the implementing ordinance (CPTO) have entered in effect on June 1, 2005 in Switzerland. The legislation is based on the UNESCO Convention 1970. In particular, the CPTA affects the following areas:
- Impact of the new Swiss Legislation on the international transfert of cultural property
Concerning the four above mentioned areas.