Call for Paper
Marco BLOCK-BERLITZ | Martin OCZIPKA | Hendrik ROHLAND
(HTW Dresden , Germany)
Keywords: image-based 3d reconstruction, photogrammetry, sfm, aerial, maritim
Call: Image-based 3D reconstruction is becoming one of the standard tools used in archaeological excavations above and underwater. Nevertheless, standardised workflows, established methods for the assurance of data-quality and recommendations for coping with and storing the enormous data are largely lacking. Especially in the field of underwater archaeology, practical solutions for reliable georeferencing are sought.
In this session we want to talk about practical solutions and showcase current tools in the field of image-based 3D reconstruction. We are both interested in platforms like UAVs and UUVs for the collection of image data and also in software tools for the processing, storage, retrieval and analysis of 3D-data.
Focussing on key aspects of managing surveys, this session invites papers dealing with topics such as:
- complete workflows and case-studies
- decision/planning support processes for – excavation campaigns
- camera and lighting solutions for underwater archaeology
- monitoring: continuous excavation and site recording for conservation and long-term studies
- data management solutions for recorded data, integration of 3D data with qualitative data and long-term accessibility of 3D data
- georeferencing and quality assurance
- innovative applications for the analysis of 3D data for archaeological research questions
Contributions and perspectives are welcome, and may include the topics listed above or further improve established practices and processes.
Submission (open April 15, 2020)
Mind the guidelines