- Conciliation and develop uses of buildings
- Mosque and Madrasa of Sultan Hassan
- School of Sultan Hassan of Science and islamic Arts
- To revive and restore the heritage of a lost time to a strong revival
- New scientific center of radiation of the land of Egypt to the world
The general framework of the study
1) Historical overview:
- History of Mamluk architecture, which followed the building.
- A brief history of education and educational buildings and types in the Mamluk period.
- History of the building and established stages of development and through the ages.
2) Studies of the site:
- The general location of the building.
- Access roads and main themes.
- Services and activities surrounding.
- Angles of vision and physical character.
- The potentials of the site.
- Determinants of the site.
- Problems with the site.
3) Studies the current status of the building:
- A) studies and functional:
- Spaces and key components
- Elevations. (And interfaces – sectors)
- Open spaces and corridors of movement.
- The functional relations of the building in the status quo.
- The current uses of the building.
- Assess the functional status of the building.
- B) Studies of construction:
- Study of construction beneath the surface of the earth (soil – the foundations and properties)
- Study the construction above ground level (structural system – efficient construction)
- Study of construction materials and finishes and how to deal with it.
- Assess the situation of construction of the building.
- C) Study the network of services and facilities:
- Study of Services and the various facilities of the building.
- Assess the state of facilities and services of the building.
Keywords: Sultan Hassan, Islamic Architecture, Mamluki Architecture, Egypt, Cairo