We are an ecological event!
What we are doing:
Getting there, away and around. All venues are easily reachable by public transport
Eat & drink well. Delegates attending the conference will enjoy fair traded and regional food and drinks from reusable dishes. Water comes fresh from the tap and is served in glass jugs.
Avoid paper waste. We will provide you with mostly online-information. Waste separation we see as a matter of course. The amount of printed material, writing utensils, give aways and decoration will be kept at a minimum to avoid waste.
Now it is your turn:
- Bring your own writing utensils.
- Make use of Vienna public transportation – buy your personal transport ticket for the congress, use the Vienna Citybikes whenever possible.
- If you arrive by plane, you can offset your CO2 emissions by means of compensation payments. Make your voluntary contribution here!
- Did you know that Vienna tap water is spring water from the Northern Calcareous Alps? Give it a try. You can get a refill while you walk the city from the water fountains.
- Dispose of your waste (paper, plastic et al.) via the separate collection systems provided at the event location.